
I don't know why people hate politics. I of course love following every movement in the political arena closely ( it had been a bit hard lately with the "jumbo cabinet" but I'm trying my best). It's a dirty game, but hey all is fair in love & war and this is one hell of a war. And they also teaches us the values of true friendship and brotherhood. I mean where else would you see people who were at each others throats kissing each other in few days time as they change parties, all rivalries forgotten.
And in a place like sri lanka everything you do is politicized. Yeah maybe your not actively involved in politics. But the owner of the insurance company that you pay a premium every month could be a huge fund raiser of the opposite party. And even buying a item that is taxed, from the local store means your paying the government money. They could be using it to develop roads or they could be spending that money to buy cars for the ministers who in turn will use them for their campaign work. you can not stay independent. you will be engaged in politics, directly or indirectly. And with the current situation in sri lanka it wouldn't hurt to know the names of few ministers, especially someone like Mervyn Silva [ i couldn't resist the urge. this post would have been uncompleted without our good Dr's name been mentioned somewhere =) ].
So all you can do is choose the lesser evil to support.
If you cant really understand what politics is all about here's a story which simplifies it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boy: Dad, what's politics?
Dad: Let me set an example with our family. I have all the money so we'll call me the management. Mom receives most of it so we'll call her the government. We'll call the maid the working class, you are the people, and your baby brother is the future. Do you understand now son?
Boy: I still don't understand dad.
Dad: Think about it for a while son.
That night the boy wakes up because his baby brother is crying. He goes in and finds out he's soiled his diapers. He goes to tell his mom but she's asleep he goes in to the maids room but she's in there having sex with his dad. He bangs on the door but no one can here him.
The next day...
Son: Dad I understand politics now.
Dad: Good, explain it to me in your own words son.
Son: The management is screwing the working class while the government's fast asleep. The people are being ignored and the future is full of SHIT!
Dad: Let me set an example with our family. I have all the money so we'll call me the management. Mom receives most of it so we'll call her the government. We'll call the maid the working class, you are the people, and your baby brother is the future. Do you understand now son?
Boy: I still don't understand dad.
Dad: Think about it for a while son.
That night the boy wakes up because his baby brother is crying. He goes in and finds out he's soiled his diapers. He goes to tell his mom but she's asleep he goes in to the maids room but she's in there having sex with his dad. He bangs on the door but no one can here him.
The next day...
Son: Dad I understand politics now.
Dad: Good, explain it to me in your own words son.
Son: The management is screwing the working class while the government's fast asleep. The people are being ignored and the future is full of SHIT!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not a fan of politics at all...
ReplyDeleteas for the joke, I've heard and read it too many times already..:D